Thursday, October 22, 2009

To make a tree


Someone asked me to make her a tree man doll. I've been mulling this over in my head for months, and just bought the fabric tonight. I'm afraid this is going to be a bit tedious. But, since when am I not up to a challenge? I saw a great tree quilt n craftster.org. The artist made tons of tiny pintucks all over the fabric to make it look like bark. This will be my first task. Then, I'll be making a needle sculpted face to sew to the trunk of the tree. That part is fun. Okay, here comes the tedious part. I'm going to have to sew, and cut out tons of leaves, make branches that will be wired with pipecleaners and stuffed, that will then be hand sewn to the tree, and the leaves sewn to the branches. Why am I undertaking this so close to the Holidays? Beacuse I'm just plain nuts, and look for any excuse to not clean the house! That's why. LOL!

No comments: