Sunday, October 11, 2009

Beginnings of Alice


I've begun a new doll. She will be Alice from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I've made this character before with a needle sculpted face. I didn't quite achieve the sweetness that I'd desired in the character, so, I'm trying again. My eldest son just finished reading the book for a book report, and reminded me that in the book Alice wears a yellow dress, and had black hair. I'd had the Disney version in my head for so long, that I'd forgotten that Alice was a brunette in Louis Carroll's version. So, now, I'm trying to decide which to make her. Blond, with a blue dress, which most people recognize as Alice, or true to the original. She will be for sale in my Etsy shop. So, I'm taking a poll. Which do you think she should be?
Here's what she looks like right now.

No comments: