Sunday, October 18, 2009

Alice is finished

She's finally finished. I tried a new head style for this doll. I think it's more suited to using knits. The muslin wrinkles too easily when the darts are sewn. The top is covered by her hair, but the chin didn't turn out a smoothly as I would have likes. I'm really happy with the face painting on this one. The pictures are taken with my phone and don't do it justice. I also tried a new technique for the hands. She has a mitten hand with a separate thumb, and then her fingernails are built up with glossy mod-podge. I like this effect and will try it again. However, I think I'll keep the mitten hand for the less realistic dolls, and go back to the separate fingers wired with pipe cleaners. Dave helped with the fashioning of the bottle. I fine tuned it a bit, but the basic design is his. Alice is for sale in my Etsy shop.

No comments: