Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Vintage fabric



I love wearing broomstick skirts. In Arizona where I live, it's just miserable wearing jeans in the summer. Making the skirts can be expensive because they require so much yardage. That's why I became excited when I found a lovely vintage sheet with blue flowers all over it at the Goodwill for 4 bucks. I spent more on the ribbon and rickrack that will go on it, than the fabric itself. Now, I just need to find the time to actually sew it up!

Edited to add photo of finished skirt. And I'm working on another that I bought at a thrift store. It was a size 10. I wear a size 20, so needless to say, I've needed to add fabric to it. Hopefully after coffee staining the fabrics, they'll all meld into one another. This will be my shabby chic skirt.

No comments: