Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hello, My name is Paulette and I'm a clay addict



I am so frustrated right now. I feel like I've lost my crafty mojo. I want to create, but my hands aren't working right! I've sculpted and taken apart the same head 6 times now. Argh! Here's some of the stuff I've accomplished this month:
The picture on the left is the Witch's head that I sculpted a couple of weeks ago. I've wigged her by gluing sections of wool roving to her head using fabric glue. A technique I learned from watching a youtube video of the Creager sculpting tutorials. You can't see it here because the picture is so fuzzy, but she has a couple of hairs coming from her mole too. And I didn't like her painted on eyebrows, so I carved them off and "rooted" some new ones.
The head on the left is about half of the size of the Witch. I started out sculpting a woman's head, intending it to be Mary for a Nativity. I decided to turn her into joseph, because I didn't think she was pretty enough. The beard and hair are "rooted" the same way as the Witch's eyebrows. I know I need to finish the witch. I'm having some issues about how best to costume her. I bought some fabrics, but some of them just don't feel right. I want her done before Halloween, so that I can display her.
I've also sculpted a baby's head and part of a torso.
My house needs a good cleaning and the laundry needs to be done, and I need to make bread today, so, I need to switch gears. I need to buckle down and tell myself no more sculpting today!

No comments: