Thursday, February 5, 2009

Awesome yarn

I found the most awesome yarn for hair on my dolls last night. It's called "Homespun" by Lion Brand. After pulling it apart from the center string and the silky thread that's wound around it, it looks just like human hair. The texture isn't the same, but it has all of the wonderful variations of high and low lights that are in hair. I love this stuff. It's a bit fragile as the fibers once they are released from the strings and very soft, but, for a doll that's not played with, it's just fine.For Coral, I've chosen Sierra. It looks like a natural blond. I wanted to get the black and gray version for other dolls, but it will have to wait.
I plan to ask the doll club and Aunt Robin, how to go about selling my dolls. If she doesn't sell, she'll be moving to Florida for Mom's Christmas present. imagine that! A mermaid in Florida!

1 comment:

Fran said...

There's lots of wondeful fancy fiber yarns out there for hair. I love using the yarns for hair.